Did you know that the percent of adults who feel that parks in their area are in good condition ranges by Connecticut State Senate district from 55% to 91%, and that food insecurity ranges from 2% to 26%?
- Check out our new interactive map & downloadable profiles for all CT State Senate and House districts, containing the latest census data & DataHaven Community Wellbeing Survey estimates on key topics: http://www.ctdatahaven.org/data-resources/connecticut-state-legislative-district-profiles. Information on many other topics is also available, but not yet posted within the interactive map.
- Additionally, our neighborhood and community profiles have new data on every town and county, at http://ctdatahaven.org/communities, including our updated neighborhood-by-neighborhood interactive maps for Bridgeport, New Haven, Hartford, and Stamford.
Read our newly-released Report on The Status of Women and Girls in Eastern Connecticut, published with The Community Foundation of Eastern Connecticut:
- Read our new report at http://ctdatahaven.org/reports/status-women-and-girls-eastern-connecticut and on the Community Foundation's website. The Foundation is holding several public events to launch the new report; data for all other areas of Connecticut were collected by DataHaven and are also available.
Statewide Survey Launch Event & February Deadline
- This past week, we brought together more than 60 of our funders -- including foundations, municipalities, United Ways, councils of government, hospitals, universities, & more -- to launch the third wave of our statewide Community Wellbeing Survey. In addition to the participating partners who made this event a huge success, we are also grateful for the comments we received from over 100 public agencies and non-profits who signed up for our Advisory Committee, and we will be using this feedback to add new questions to the survey questionnaire.
- Although about 15,000 randomly-selected adults in every Connecticut town will participate in the live, in-depth interviews when the survey is repeated beginning later this month, our ability to produce the most statistically-useful estimates for each partner sometimes requires a modest amount of additional funding to conduct more interviews within their town(s) or service region of interest. If any additional public agencies or organizations would like us to guarantee a certain level of interviews within a targeted town, zip code, or defined geographic area, we would appreciate hearing from them by February 19th or earlier.
Please support DataHaven by sharing the information in this newsletter with your colleagues. Visit the front page of our website, or our Twitter and Facebook pages, to follow along as we release new information! To subscribe to this newsletter, email us!