From Knowledge Center
DataHaven is the nonprofit public service organization that serves as a community indicators information hub for the Greater New Haven Region.
In 2012, DataHaven completed the Greater New Haven Community Wellbeing Survey, believed to be the largest and most comprehensive survey ever conducted in the metropolitan area. See http://www.ctdatahaven.org/wellbeingsurvey for more information.
In 2013, DataHaven, in partnership with community and institutional leaders throughout the region, completed the Greater New Haven Community Index 2013, a unified assessment of population change, economics, health, and civic life in the Greater New Haven area. Please see http://www.ctdatahaven.org/communityindex for more information.
Please visit the DataHaven website at http://www.ctdatahaven.org/. Follow DataHaven on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/ctdata. More detailed information about DataHaven history, staff, and programs can be found at http://ctdatahaven.org/about.php.
- To engage the general public as well as civic and community-based institutions, the media, business and government in better understanding the region's key challenges and opportunities through shared access to high quality, objective data.
- To facilitate measuring progress toward the community's goals over time.
- To compile high-quality information and make DataHaven resources accessible to all levels of neighborhood, community, civic and regional groups through effective outreach about the use of data to improve policy and affect positive social change.
1. "New Haven's Answer Man" (Business New Haven, 2010): http://www.conntact.com/government/10699-rising-stars-mark-abraham-new-havens-answer-man.html
2. Valley Street Ready To “Connect” (NH Independent, 1/21/2011) http://newhavenindependent.org/index.php/archives/entry/connectivity_is_lacking_in_/
3. "Stop & Shop to open on Whalley Ave. in New Haven" (NH Register, 2/2/2011) http://nhregister.com/articles/2011/02/02/news/new_haven/doc4d48d271310d8529369408.txt
4. Plan aims to make Elm City healthier (NH Register, 7/27/2010) http://nhregister.com/articles/2010/07/27/aa3_nehealth_24072710.txt
5. New Haven’s first quality of life survey has good news, bad news (NH Register, 5/9/2010) http://nhregister.com/articles/2010/05/09/news/new_haven/doc4be61a16c6c61450231947.txt
6. Post-Shaw's Food Search Begins (NH Independent, 3/31/2010) http://newhavenindependent.org/index.php/archives/entry/shaws_departure/
7. ‘Ideal candidate’ joins foundation: Article about Penny Canny (NH Register, 8/5/2008) http://nhregister.com/articles/2008/08/05/new_haven/19892860.txt
8. Census 2010: New Haven Has Fastest Growth Rate Among Major Northeastern U.S. Cities (Updated) (Design New Haven, 3/24/11) http://downtownnewhaven.blogspot.com/2011/03/census-2010-new-haven-shows-fastest.html
9. More Latinos, Fewer Whites And Blacks (NH Independent, 3/10/11) http://www.newhavenindependent.org/index.php/archives/entry/more_latinos_fewer_whites_and_blacks/
10. New Haven crime real, danger ranking is not: Op-ed on crime statistics (NH Register, 6/5/11) http://www.ctdatahaven.org/blog/2011/06/public_safety_new_haven/ and http://nhregister.com/articles/2011/06/03/opinion/doc4de95d1f01145208649566.txt
11. Crime rankings create false negative picture of cities like New Haven, experts say (NH Register, 1/15/12) http://www.nhregister.com/articles/2012/01/15/news/doc4f12574b86a46344420516.txt
12. Hey, Gloomy Gus: City Sees Better Days Ahead (NH Independent, 1/21/13) http://www.newhavenindependent.org/index.php/archives/entry/citydwellers_see_a_better_day_ahead/ Article about Greater New Haven Community Wellbeing Survey
13. City Youth Face Uphill Battle (Yale Daily News, 2/6/13) http://yaledailynews.com/blog/2013/02/06/city-youth-face-uphill-battle/ Article about Greater New Haven Community Wellbeing Survey and related youth issues.
14. Job Access limited in New Haven (print version title), Yale Daily News, 10.15.13, http://yaledailynews.com/blog/2013/10/15/opportunity-limited-in-elm-city/
15. High school graduation rates up despite gap, Yale Daily News, 10.10.13, http://yaledailynews.com/blog/2013/10/10/grad-rates-up-despite-gap/
16. Obesity plagues Elm City, Yale Daily News, 10.09.13, http://yaledailynews.com/blog/2013/10/09/obesity-plagues-elm-city/
17. Elm City combats infant mortality, Yale Daily News, 10.11.13, http://yaledailynews.com/blog/2013/10/11/elm-city-combats-infant-mortality/
18. Speaking by the numbers, Yale Daily News, 10.11.13, http://yaledailynews.com/weekend/2013/10/11/speaking-by-the-numbers/
19. Dive into data, New Haven Independent, 10.07.13, http://www.newhavenindependent.org/index.php/archives/entry/dive_into_data/
20. Elm City disparities persist, Yale Daily News, 10.04.13, http://yaledailynews.com/blog/2013/10/04/elm-city-disparities-persist/
21. Report finds Greater New Haven region among better-performing metropolitan areas, New Haven Register, 10.03.13, http://www.nhregister.com/general-news/20131003/report-finds-greater-new-haven-region-among-better-performing-metropolitan-areas Article about Greater New Haven Community Index
22. Local panel discusses data as a tool for Greater New Haven, New Haven Register, 12.11.13, http://www.nhregister.com/government-and-politics/20131211/local-panel-discusses-data-as-a-tool-for-greater-new-haven
23. Big Data Backs Up Hunches—& Offers Some Surprises, New Haven Independent, 12.12.13, http://www.newhavenindependent.org/index.php/archives/entry/big_data_reports/
24. A New Haven citywide diet? Let the healthful eating begin, New Haven Register, 1.10.14, http://www.nhregister.com/general-news/20140110/a-new-haven-citywide-diet-let-the-healthful-eating-begin
25. Needs for investment in New Haven housing grows, New Haven Register, 1.25.14, http://www.nhregister.com/general-news/20140125/needs-for-investment-in-new-haven-housing-grows
26. ‘Data in Action’ convenes community leaders, Yale Daily News, 1.31.14, http://yaledailynews.com/blog/2014/01/31/data-in-action-convenes-community-leaders/
27. For Your Information, Daily Nutmeg, 2.11.14, http://dailynutmeg.com/2014/02/11/datahaven-for-your-information/ Daily Nutmeg profile of DataHaven history and services.
28. New Haven divided by growing income disparity, New Haven Register, 2.22.14, http://www.nhregister.com/article/NH/20140222/NEWS/140229727
29. In Greater New Haven suburbs, immigrants on front lines of growing poverty, New Haven Register, 5.10.14, http://www.nhregister.com/general-news/20140510/in-greater-new-haven-suburbs-immigrants-on-front-lines-of-growing-poverty
|Coordinates||41° 18' 17" N, 72° 55' 23" WLatitude: 41.30467844916|
Longitude: -72.923167705885 +
|Project||Greater New Haven Community Wellbeing Survey 2012 +|
|Sector||Health + and Civic Vitality +|
|Topic||Health Equity Alliance +|
|URLThis property is a special property in this wiki.||http://ctdatahaven.org +|