From Knowledge Center
In 2012, DataHaven completed the Greater New Haven Community Wellbeing Survey, believed to be the largest and most comprehensive survey ever conducted in the metropolitan area. See http://www.ctdatahaven.org/wellbeingsurvey for more information.
Please visit the DataHaven website at http://www.ctdatahaven.org/. Follow DataHaven on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/ctdata. More information about DataHaven can be found at http://ctdatahaven.org/about.php.
Resources on this site related specifically to DataHaven, such as community projects that we are involved with, may be found here: http://www.ctdatahaven.org/newhaven/index.php/Special:SearchByProperty/Organization/DataHaven
- To engage the general public as well as civic and community-based institutions, the media, business and government in better understanding the region's key challenges and opportunities through shared access to high quality, objective data.
- To facilitate measuring progress toward the community's goals over time.
- To compile high-quality information and make DataHaven resources accessible to all levels of neighborhood, community, civic and regional groups through effective outreach about the use of data to improve policy and affect positive social change.
1. "New Haven's Answer Man" (Business New Haven, 2010): http://www.conntact.com/government/10699-rising-stars-mark-abraham-new-havens-answer-man.html
2. Valley Street Ready To “Connect” (NH Independent, 1/21/2011) http://newhavenindependent.org/index.php/archives/entry/connectivity_is_lacking_in_/
3. "Stop & Shop to open on Whalley Ave. in New Haven" (NH Register, 2/2/2011) http://nhregister.com/articles/2011/02/02/news/new_haven/doc4d48d271310d8529369408.txt
4. Plan aims to make Elm City healthier (NH Register, 7/27/2010) http://nhregister.com/articles/2010/07/27/aa3_nehealth_24072710.txt
5. New Haven’s first quality of life survey has good news, bad news (NH Register, 5/9/2010) http://nhregister.com/articles/2010/05/09/news/new_haven/doc4be61a16c6c61450231947.txt
6. Post-Shaw's Food Search Begins (NH Independent, 3/31/2010) http://newhavenindependent.org/index.php/archives/entry/shaws_departure/
7. ‘Ideal candidate’ joins foundation: Article about Penny Canny (NH Register, 8/5/2008) http://nhregister.com/articles/2008/08/05/new_haven/19892860.txt
8. Census 2010: New Haven Has Fastest Growth Rate Among Major Northeastern U.S. Cities (Updated) (Design New Haven, 3/24/11) http://downtownnewhaven.blogspot.com/2011/03/census-2010-new-haven-shows-fastest.html
9. More Latinos, Fewer Whites And Blacks (NH Independent, 3/10/11) http://www.newhavenindependent.org/index.php/archives/entry/more_latinos_fewer_whites_and_blacks/
10. New Haven crime real, danger ranking is not: Op-ed on crime statistics (NH Register, 6/5/11) http://www.ctdatahaven.org/blog/2011/06/public_safety_new_haven/ and http://nhregister.com/articles/2011/06/03/opinion/doc4de95d1f01145208649566.txt
11. Crime rankings create false negative picture of cities like New Haven, experts say (NH Register, 1/15/12) http://www.nhregister.com/articles/2012/01/15/news/doc4f12574b86a46344420516.txt
12. Hey, Gloomy Gus: City Sees Better Days Ahead (NH Independent, 1/21/13) http://www.newhavenindependent.org/index.php/archives/entry/citydwellers_see_a_better_day_ahead/ Article about Greater New Haven Community Wellbeing Survey
13. City Youth Face Uphill Battle (Yale Daily News, 2/6/13) http://yaledailynews.com/blog/2013/02/06/city-youth-face-uphill-battle/ Article about Greater New Haven Community Wellbeing Survey and related youth issues.
|Coordinates||41° 18' 17" N, 72° 55' 23" WLatitude: 41.30467844916|
Longitude: -72.923167705885 +
|Description||DataHaven is the nonprofit organization that serves as a community indicators information hub for the Greater New Haven Region.|
|Project||Greater New Haven Community Wellbeing Survey 2012 +|
|Sector||Health + and Civic Vitality +|
|Topic||Health Equity Alliance +|